Piher, a company founded in 1950 in Barcelona (Spain), is a specialist manufacturer of standard and custom controls and sensor solutions, also specialised in contactless technologies and outstanding track-record in electronic components in automotive, off-road, aerospace, industrial, marine and appliance sectors.
With over 60 years perfecting product design, automation and process stability for bespoke and standard sensors and controls, and some 150 years of smart engineering for extreme environments from our FTSE-250 parent, Meggitt PLC. This makes Piher a company with a heritage you can trust.
Piher's products are used in HVAC (Climate Control), Consumer Appliance, Industrial Controls, Automotive AFL (Adaptive Front Lighting), Off Highway Vehicle, Industrial / Instrumentation, Medical, Power Tool and hundreds of other human interface applications.
Piher´s controls product range include the most advanced features in the market, such as:
- Sizes: 6, 10, 15, 16, 18, 21mm and custom
- Mounting: SMD, through hole (vertical, horizontal)
- Technology: carbon and cermet
- IP protection rating: IP54 (6 –15mm)
- Tapers: linear, log, antilog, stepped, custom
- Mechanical rotation angle: stopper or endless rotation
- Detents: up to 51
- Electrical rotation angle: up to 360º
- Resistive values: up to 5M ohm
- Resistive tolerance: +/-30%, +/-20%
- Power rating: up to 0.5W
- Linearity: min 2.5%
- Working temperature: -40ºC to +120ºC
- Cut track, shafts, rotors, terminals
- Life: up to two million cycles
- Single or multiturn